King of Kings is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). WELS began in 1850 when three pastors met together in Milwaukee, WI. Nationwide, it has grown to over 1,200 congregations, with 400,000 baptized souls served by over 1,000 pastors. For more information, including information regarding our world-wide mission efforts around the globe, go to www.wels.net. The national offices of the WELS are located at N16 W23377 Stone Ridge Drive, Waukesha, WI 53188-1108.
We see our church body as a tremendous blessing from God. In 1983, the initial support to start up King of Kings in our Apache Junction community was almost exclusively funded by the WELS through her national and local boards for Home Missions. Since then we have developed into a self-supporting congregation which understands the privilege of supporting other new mission starts with our offerings.